3.07.2011

Stripes & Polka Dots?! You bet!

Mixing Prints is all the rage this Spring and it's super easy to do. If you're not 100% comfortable with this trend, start with a monochromatic color palette, like Rachel Bilson. She stuck with black and white and didn't overpower her patterns with big accessories. In my opinion if you're clothing is loud your accessories should be a whisper. But maybe, just maybe I would have added a belt and ditched the cardi for a structured black blazer.



This next look is the perfect example of how to casually mix prints. A simple belt holds together a basic striped cardigan and a tie dyed top. This look makes me want to run to the store and stock up on striped cardigans in every color! I mean, it's really so wearable. For work, ditch the denim and pair the tops with a black pencil skirt and heels.




Below is my Polyvore creation of how I would wear this trend out in San Diego. Mini skirts are my must have item for the hot months and the floral print is perfect for Spring! A great pair of gladiator sandals is a year round essential in San Diego and the messenger bag and blazer are pieces of my wardrobe I could not live without. I have been living in blazers since high school, I die for them!

Do you like my creation? How would you wear this trend?
Mixing Prints


No comments:

Post a Comment