8.29.2011

I Wear Many Hats

Attending Austin Fashion Week is no easy feat. We are forced to attend runway shows, presentations, parties, and drink lots and lots of sparkly cocktails. I mean, when are we supposed to sleep?  Gotcha! We live for this. But, there is one actual hard part to all of this...who do we shout out first? This past week, we've met make-up artists, hair stylists, milliners, vintage-inspired designers, clothing designers, and jewelry designers that you need to know about. Hmmm...guess we'll start from the head down.

I've mentioned before how much I love a straw fedora. I practically lived in my J.Crew hat last summer (summer 2010=no bad hair days) and bought another one this summer. One of my resolutions for the fashion new year, is to try a new style. Maybe even get a little crazy. Austin Fashion Week showcased a few amazing milliners and after trying on a few of their creations, I'm convinced this is the accessory for fall.

Milli Starr-Designer Laura Del Villaggio
http://www.millistarr.com/


Fun times at Milli Starr

LSD Hats-Lydia Sullivan
http://www.lsdhats.com/home





A few of our non-local favorites:
Orange Bright Floppy Fedora-Top Shop $50

Tarnis Wool Bowler Hat-Nordstroms $38

Marie Mercie-brownsfashion


No comments:

Post a Comment