5.04.2011

Met Ball


I'm assuming if you read this blog that you live for fashion events and awards season. I like the Oscars for the elegance, I like the Globes for the quirkiness, I like the Grammys for the street glam, but the one I love, lust, die for is the Costume Institute Gala that seems to combine them all. For the opening of the new exhibit, Alexander McQueen "Savage Beauty", the stars played it safe. Beautiful gowns in golden hues were everywhere but I managed to find a few risk takers worth mentioning.


Liv Tyler in
Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci
Diane Kruger in Jason Wu
 Daphne Guinness in Alexander McQueen

Favorite looks from past Met Balls 

Rihanna in Dolce and Gabbana

Madonna in Louis Vuitton

Chanel Iman in Michael Kors


M.I.A. in Alexander Wang


No comments:

Post a Comment